If you're not doing these on DB snatch you're missing out!
DB technique Tips!
I have seen hundreds of athletes do DB snatches and a majority of them treat it like an entirely different movement than a normal snatch.
The beauty of movement is a lot of movements have positive transfer to other movements.
Here is what I mean:
If you understand the intricacies of a proper snatch then you just need to apply those to a DB snatch.
- Start with your butt lower than your shoulders.
- Pull off the floor slow and controlled
- Drive through the legs, don't use your back,
- Keep your arms straight
- Once the bar is passed the knees, extend aggressively.
- As you fully extend, start actively pulling on the bar!
- Once you have pulled the bar as high as possible.
- Start to drop underneath the bar as needed.
This checklist will look identical to a DB snatch. Here are the few differences:
Only applicable to DB snatch
- Do NOT let your torso rotate as stand up.
- Start with the DB directly under you!
- Starting position is wide enough to allow DB through legs.
- When cycling ensure the DB is below eye level.
- If cycling a heavy DB bring to shoulder first if struggling to cycle.
I hope these tips help you guys crush your DB snatches from here on out! Once I figured this out my DB snatches went from awkward and slow to smooth and fast!
I did not have to get any fitter I just needed to approach them differently. The change was immediate and overnight!
It's not often you can have immediate change so take advantage!